- Delta Backpack Personal Item
- A personal item that you can carry
- How big a personal item be on Delta?
- Is Delta strict about personal item size?
- Is a backpack considered a personal item on Delta?
- How big should a carry-on be?
- What can you carry inside your carry-on?
- What if you want to keep extra luggage?
- Remember these things before choosing your size item bag: –
- The Verdict
Hey! Travelers who love to travel on delta flights. Here, I am to give you all the details about the Delta Personal Item Size Limit; following this will give you a clear view of what to take and what not to take.
Delta is one of those flights which do not publish the item size list. That isn’t very clear for the travelers for packing their bags. So, we are here to help you out with it.
Please read the article thoroughly to understand Delta Personal Item Size and many more things about it.
Delta Backpack Personal Item
Delts flights a personal item as one purse, camera bag or diaper bag, briefcase, laptop and things of the same size.
Let’s dig a little deep: –
What can you carry?
One carry-on bag and one personal item!
Each passenger Flying on Delta can take one carry-on bag and one personal item, which is free of charge. Make sure at least one item fits under the seat in front of you. If you want to carry a big suitcase or a rolling suitcase, make sure it fits the size requirements. Exceptions for the passengers traveling with an infant in arms.
A personal item that you can carry
Pick an item size similar which can fit beneath the seat in front of you during the flight.
- One purse, briefcase, small backpack, camera bag or diaper bag.
- One laptop bag.
- One item is similar in size to the listed ones.
Free items to carry-on: –
in addition to your usual carry-on, you can carry these things free on the flight.
- A jacket and umbrella
- Food or drink purchased before the security checkpoint.
- Duty-free merchandise.
- An item like strollers, wheelchairs, child safety seats or assistive devices like crutches.
How big a personal item be on Delta?
The personal item size is not mentioned but, the key difference is the personal item has to be fit underneath the seat in front of you. It can include anything if it fits underneath the seat.
Most Delta underneath dimensions is: 20″ L*15″ W*11″ H. Any bag larger than this will be considered a carry-on.
This leads us to a big question!!
What are the exact dimensions of the underneath seat?
The underneath dimensions can vary by airplane, boarding class and seat location. Like the smaller planes have small underneath seat space whereas the big planes, there is no underneath storage in the front rows behind the bulkhead.
As you know, it depends on two things: –
- What type of airplane you’re flying?
- Where is your seat located?
Delta website doesn’t provide this deep research but, you can contact them and ask them about your seat location and what size pack you can carry; they will answer surely.
This information mentioned down will be helpful if you’re on Delta 737 flight; the under-seat dimensions are: –
- Aisle- 20*14*9 Inches
- Centre- 20*19*7 Inches
- Window- 20*17*7 Inches
They keep private about the personal item space because they want you to do to them privately. They discuss it privately with the confirmed passengers.
Is Delta strict about personal item size?
No, they are not that strict.
You don’t have to measure every item of your and pack it inside your pack as Delta company allow some extra item like an umbrella, jacket, food and some extras.
If your backpack doesn’t fit inside the seat?
It will be gate-checked, or you may be denied boarding. The worst could happen is that the security will check your bag will and it can be an inconvenience if you need those items during the flight, like your laptop.
Is a backpack considered a personal item on Delta?
If you can store your backpack underneath the seat in front of you, then your backpack will be considered a personal item.
You don’t have to worry too much about the size; take a casual medium-size pack with you that is not too heavy and not too light.
How big should a carry-on be?
Make sure your carry-on fits the size or reference size check displays located at the ticket counter.
- The baggage’s combined length + width + height should not cross 45 linear inches (114cm).
- Individual length, width and height should not exceed 22*14*9 Inches (56*35*23 cm, respectively).
- These measurements include the handles and wheels of your luggage. Do not apply to the small instruments which can fit in under-seat space.
No maximum weight applies to carry-on luggage, except in some locations: –
- Singapore, Singapore Changi International Airport (SIN) carry-on should not exceed 15lbs (7 kg).
- Beijing, China – Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK), the domestic hand-carry bags should not exceed 10 kg. Individual carry rules apply for international flights.
- Shanghai, China- Pudong International Airport (PVG) carry-on should not exceed 22lbs (10 kg).
What can you carry inside your carry-on?
Keep your items limited for your safety. Most countries restrict the size of containers with liquid, gels, aerosols, and paste, even with partially empty containers, during security. Pack ahead of time and place the larger liquid item in your checked luggage.
- All your liquids should not cross the limit of 100 milliliters or 3.4 ounces.
- At security, remove your quart-size bag and place it in a bin.
- Place all items in one single quart-size zip-top bag of clear plastic.
- Necessary items such as medication, breast milk or juice for infants can receive a special screening for your convenience.
What if you want to keep extra luggage?
Be prepared before going on a trip and understand everything about the baggage. If you want to keep an extra suitcase then definitely you need to pay extra for that. Within 24 hours of your departure, you can check-in and notify Delta of the number of bags you will check with on delta.com, or you can check-in and pay at the airport.
For travelers in the Main Cabin seat on a flight within the United States, without a Delta SkyMiles American Express Card, Medallion Status or Active Military expectations:
- The first standard checked bag under 50lbs + one free carry-on, and one personal item is USD 30. For your second standard checked bag under 50lbs is USD 40.
For more information regarding extra luggage charges, you can visit this site:
Remember these things before choosing your size item bag: –
Don’t get confused about choosing the right personal size back; follow the guidelines: –
- Always go smaller: -Keep in mind before boarding a flight that all seats don’t have the same size underneath storage. So, it’s better not to risk and overload your pack and go for a small backpack. Keep it as small as you can.
- Avoid over-packing your bag: -Over-packing will over-weight your luggage and make you pay extra. They will not fit inside the underneath storage.
- Don’t compromise your comfort: -While carrying less stuff will help you will extra space so that you can stretch your legs during the flight. Carry a heavy bag will be very uncomfortable for long flights.
Q1) How many bags are allowed on Delta?
Answer: –One carry-on and one personal item for free.
Q2) How large can be a personal item be on an airplane?
Answer: –Large enough so that it can fit underneath your seat storage.
Q3) How many carry-on bags are allowed on Delta?
Answer: -One carry-on is free for carrying if you want extra, you have to pay for it. Visit Delta’s website for more details.
Q4) Is a purse considered a personal item?
Answer: –Yes, until it can fit underneath your seat storage.
Q5) What is the luggage weight limit for Delta?
Answer: –No maximum weight applies to carry-on baggage, except in some locations.
Maybe there is still a little unclarity about the Delta personal item size. But, if you directly consult the company, they will surely provide you all the details about your seat location and how big is the storage underneath your seat.