- What is Saddle Hunting?
- Before buying the saddle hunter backpack, check off these factors to make your money worth it
- 10 Best Backpack for Saddle Hunting
- Samurai Tactical Wakizashi Tactical backpack
- Badlands 2200 Hunting Backpack with Built-in Meat Hauler
- REEBOW Gear Military Tactical Backpack
- SOG Speciality Knives & Tools SOG Ninja Tactical Daypack
- ALPZ OutdoorZ Pursuit Pack
- Military Uniform Sports Water Bottles Pouch Tactical Backpack
- SPIKA Camo Internal Frame Hunting backpack
- AUMTISC Hunting Backpack
- SOG Opord Tactical Day Pack
- Monoki Military TacticalBackpack
Saddle hunting is an art! It requires excellent skills, and to support that skills, it requires a good backpack that can handle your grip and carry all your equipment. And to have comfort so that nothing can come in between your target.
You need a backpack that can fit more with less weight for your quick and fast hunting. I will suggest the 10 best packs for saddle hunters that are not any other backpacks but are quality ones, which will be actually worth your money.
What is Saddle Hunting?
Saddle hunting is a method of deer, other than shooting. In this, the hunter takes the support of the tree hunting saddle, a lineman’s belt or a rock-climbing harness is used to secure the anchor when you’re at the desired height.
Saddle hunting is a 30-year-old tradition and takes a mainstream into hunting culture.
Before buying the saddle hunter backpack, check off these factors to make your money worth it
1. Comfortable Backpack
What will you do if your Backpack gets stuck between the harness or is loose from your shoulders?
So uncomfortable! Right? You will be stuck with your Backpack only and will not focus on saddle hunting.
2. Weight of the Backpack
Obviously, weight matters the most, to carry the Backpack on your shoulders and climbing the tree is a big thing! So, you should take a backpack that weighs less because you have to carry your essentials that will already have weight.
Weight between 1-2.5 pounds is good for saddle hunters.
3. Backpack with lots of compartments
You also have to keep all your essentials with the hunting equipment, so you require a backpack with multiple compartments to fit all this ideally.
Check the Backpack before buying; more pockets are good for you.
Think of keeping everything in one compartment and not finding the right thing on time. Not good, right?
That’s why you need to have a backpack with lots of pockets; it will help you keep your stuff organized.
4. A hanging holder
What if you are tired and want to rest for a while?
To not make your Backpack dirty, you can hang it on any tree beside you. So, having a backpack with a top handle is not necessary but a good option, and it provides ease and comfort.
5. Good quality backpack
The main thing in a Saddle Hunting Backpack comes with the fabric quality.
Look for the roughest and toughest quality fabric; this will give the pack a longer life span and make the backpack tear-resistant.
With the fabric, check the sewing of the Backpack. Is it double sewing or a single or properly webbed one? So that in between your hunting period, your things don’t fall off.
Better is always best!
6. Capacity of the Backpack
With good capacity, you can fit everything from essentials to all your equipment like bow and arrows.
7. Does color matter?
Yes! Obviously. If you’re going for a hunt, you have to make sure your backpack color matches the background, i.e., the jungle, to not distract the animals. Your Backpack should have come prints; it’s the best saddle hunting print.
8. A deer hunting backpack is necessary?
If you want everything in your favor and play safe, you should buy a deer hunting backpack.
Confused, what is a deer hunting backpack?
It’s a backpack with a deer face attached at the top to distract the animals.
Here are some great backpacks that you can take for saddle hunting; they all are unique backpacks that hunters usually take.
10 Best Backpack for Saddle Hunting
Durable Backpack: –100% polyester. Make sure your pack is strong, and that will not wear and tear in between your hunting trip. It is made of high-density fabric and has 1475 cu. Inches.
Hydration compatible Backpack: –The simple solution to your thirst is to have a hydration bladder in your pack. Samurai Tactical bags have a hydration bladder pocket featuring a hose port for easy access to H2O.
The Backpack is full of compartments: –What else do you want when on a trip? You can easily fit and organize all your stuff inside your Backpack. From small to large pockets to hold everything perfectly.
The design and style: –This army assault backpack is a must-have for everyone who goes for adventures; it gives a perfect look. It is easily carryable, offers a trendy look, and never goes out of fashion.
The best comfort provider: –Heavy duty zippers and utility-style cord pulls, load compression system on both sides, top carry handle, velcro patch holder, ventilated mesh padded back area & shoulder strap, breathable and comfortable.
What items can you keep inside your Backpack?
Samurai backpack has two main compartments, the second one is slightly smaller, but both can fit a good amount of things. You can keep your clothes, necessary equipment, shoes, and all your essentials.
There are two small pockets at the front, and they have multiple little pockets where you easily organize your stuff. You can keep your passport, phone, keys, important documents, stationery, gloves, and a lot of your property.
Two side pockets to keep your water bottle and umbrella, and you can also keep your equipment there.
- Front Velcro patch holder
- Molle equipped
- Yokes styled shoulder straps with adjustable sternum sliders.
- Not for people who don’t want to carry many items, because this pack has lots of compartments and small pockets.
- Weight:- 5 Pounds
- Dimensions:- 28 * 17 * 12 inches
- Capacity:- 27.5 liters
Aramid Bartacking: –It’s made of aramid thread because a single strand of fiber can hold more than 100 pounds, reinforcing every stress point on our packs.
Quality of the Backpack: –The KXO-50 fabric with C6 DWR is rugged, incredibly, and waterproof. It’s very light, and the water-repellent quality treated with C6 keeps the moisture from seeping in.
Comfort: –Badland’s molded memory foam starts out comfortable and gets better with time as the harness conforms to your body. The reverse tightening waist belt gives you the leverage you need to properly cinch it up for maximum carrying comfort.
It has a detachable rifle/ bow boot: –To securely carry your bow or rifle hands-free, there is a detachable rifle/bow boot and batwing straps on the back of your badland’s bag.
Great technology backpack: –Groundbreaking concealment technology meets a darker color palette to virtually invisible hunters. Specially designed for midwest and eastern hunters and late-season western hunters. This makes you just like your surroundings and confuses the prey.
What stuff can fit inside this pack?
● One main compartment includes all your essentials like clothes, shoes, etc.
● Small pouches on both sides and front keep all your small items and necessities.
- Innovative technology with superior quality
- Tough, rugged material
- Very light backpack
- Perfect backpack , no cons
It has a molle system: –It has molle webbing throughout the Backpack for attaching additional tactical pouches or gear as a 3-day assault pack backpack combat molle backpack.
Durable Backpack: –This assault backpack is double-stitched. It has heavy-duty zippers, utility-style cord pulls, a Side and front load compression system, ventilated mesh padded back area, and shoulder straps that are comfortable and breathable.
Multifunctional Backpack: –REEBOW backpacks have hydration compatibility that works great for a hydration bladder, but the Backpack doesn’t have a hydration bladder. You can use this pack as a hydration backpack or an outdoor campaign hiking backpack. This Backpack can be used for hiking, campaign, range backpack, saddle hunting backpack, etc.
What stuff you can fit inside the pack: –
● Two main compartments keep all your essentials like clothes, shoes, equipment, etc.
● Two small front pockets to keep small things like passport, Id proof, keys, etc.
- Sturdy backpack
- Have a lot of rooms
- Easily Carriable
- Some customers complains that the backpack won’t last longer
- Weight:- 1.61 Pounds
- Dimensions:- 17.1 * 11.1 * 6.1 inches
- Capacity:- 24.2 liters
Comfortable for carrying: –The Backpack had yoke-style adjustable, padded straps and adjustable sternum slider, contoured foam back with multiple air channels, which makes the Backpack a lot less heavy on the shoulders and back.
Tactical features: –The tactical features include molle webbing for attaching a variety of optional accessories, a tubing port for accessing hydration bladder pocket, the reservoir is sold separately. It has a hook-and-loop on the front of the pack for attaching a flag patch, and a stretchy side pouch fits most of the water bottles.
Good quality backpack: –This water-repellent Backpack is great for the daily commute, travel, and hiking. It stands strong in harsh conditions and can bear any type of wear and tear.
What fits inside the Backpack: –
● This tactical Backpack has sizeable main storage to keep all the more essential items.
● It has a front accessory pocket with an organizer.
● A small accessory pocket for flat item storage.
● A soft-lined bag at the top for eyeglasses and electronic devices.
- Reliable Backpack
- Padded back mesh
- Extra molles
- Doesn’t have a hydration bladder
Unique Organization: –It has a front shelf pocket that helps to keep all your gears on your fingertip. There are a bow/rifle holder pocket, quiver holders and a hydration pocket, a port, a padded waist belt with two sacks, and reinforced webbing to accommodate clip-style holsters.
Durable Backpack: –It has a rain cover to stay safe from different weather conditions. Strong Backpack that can withstand wear and tear.
Multifunctional Backpack: –This pack has Realtree edge, Brushed mossy oak break-up country, organizational front pocket, quiver holder, bow or gun pocket, and a built-in rain cover. Suits best for all purposes.
What things can fit inside the Backpack: –
● Organizational shelf pocket keeps gear at fingertips
● Easily hangs from the tree with a D-ring clip
● Drop-down bag to carry your gun or bow securely
● Large front and main pocket
● Quiver holder on each side of the pack
● Padded waist belt with two sacks and ability to accommodate clip-style holsters
● Center Aluminum stay
● Blaze orange rain cover included
- Hip-belt is removable
- It can carry a bow, crossbow, or long gun
- Quiver holder
- Some customers find the backpack to be small for their purpose
- Weight:- 0.4 Pounds
- Dimensions:- 9.8 * 6.18 * 0.79 inches
- Capacity:- 0.5 Liters
This is a water bottle pouch; you can carry it when you keep less stuff and carry water bottles.
Multiple feature backpack: –It is a lightweight, sturdy, authentic, and no fading backpack which doesn’t have a strange odor. You can match your tactical Backpack perfectly, and you can try to attach the Backpack to a tactical belt, tactical vest, etc.
Perfect water bottle backpack: –Most people are afraid of falling the water bottle pouch attached to the other MOLLE gear like a backpack. This Backpack has interlocking and woven ways of the straps to webbing correctly. The fastened strap cords and mesh bottom will help you carry a 33oz bottle full of water.
Multi-purpose Backpack: –You can use this Backpack for other items like a filled umbrella, rolled magazines, and emergency items that need quick access.
Waterproof and wearable: –This pack is made from 1000D Nylon, and you might worry your water bottle will leak into your electronics, clothes, and other gears. Trust me, it will not! The mesh bottom helps gather spilled liquids at the bottom.
Drawstring closure: –This best feature allows you to lock or loosen bottle pouches easily with one hand, making you get quick access to contents without taking your bag off. And your water bottle will not come out if you are doing any type of activity.
- Great material with a perfect fit
- Handy bottle bag
- Perfect size for a water bottle
- Check your water bottle size before buying this pack; it doesn’t fit big bottles
Exceptional advantages: –It has an internal frame to reduce the burden on the back, extendable 40-liter storage, protect items from getting wet, walking pole & ice ax attachment, front stash pocket, and refile can be placed to reduce the burden.
First choice of hunters: –SPIKA is an Australian Company, and their main aim was to become the favorite of shooters and hunters, and they have got that position. It keeps the gun safe and has preferable space for clothing and accessories.
Quality backpack: –Durable 500D treated nylon body extremely tough, duraflex hardware lightweight makes the bag so comfortable to use.
Rommy Backpack: –The Backpack is large enough to carry supplies for overnight pursuits, day expeditions with camera gear, or if you just like the option of more room, the drover 40 is a great pack.
Multifunctional Backpack: –It has a front stash pocket, roll-top snow collar, hydration bladder, and removable hood.
What can you fit inside the Backpack?
● Multiple compartments to keep your stuff organized. The main room has a lot of space to support clothes, another essential element, and front pockets to keep your small essentials.
● It has a gun holder to safely carry your gun.
- Super durable and comfortable backpack
- You can fit lots of stuff
- 40 Liter+ storage
- All customers are satisfied, and they love the backpack
Two types of the bag: –They both are of different sizes. A-type hunting backpack comes with a padded waist belt and shoulder straps with adjustable sternum straps. B-type hunting backpack comes with shoulder straps and adjustable sternum straps for maximum comfort.
A-type hunting bag also has a drop-down pocket to hold a shotgun and bow and arrow. There is also a rain cover available. Compared to the B-type, the A-type hunting backpack has more functions and comfort.
Padded and comfort:– The shoulder straps and back panel are fully padded; if you load your Backpack with weight, it will still not feel heavy.
Comfortable & lightweight: –The ergonomic design, along with the soft and thick padding, offer pressure reduction and makes long walks through the woods much easier on your body. This makes the Backpack carrying light.
What stuff you can fit inside this Backpack
● One separate main compartment to keep all your mandatory stuff.
● One quite small compartment to all your small essentials.
● Separate rifle/bow compartment.
● Two side pockets to keep your water bottle and umbrella.
● All compartments have inner pockets to perfectly organize your stuff.
- Multiple storage
- Large organization pockets
- Rain cover provided
- Male and female chips do not match
- Some customers didn’t like the quality of the backpack
Exceptional features: –The bottom of the pack has dual grommet drain holes, two compression straps with D-rings to attach a sleeping bag or roll. Its yolked style shoulder straps combine the adjustable sternum slider and padded mesh back to offer optimal comfort.
Comfort: –The tactical Backpack includes Molle webbing for attaching a variety of optional accessories and left/right tubing ports for accessing hydration bladder pockets, making the user feel comfortable. It has a durable water repellent construction, hook-and-loop is on the front of the pack for attaching a flag patch.
Design: –The Backpack’s design is super comfortable to fit all stuff with organization, and you can get the right thing at the right time. The Backpack has a velcro patch holder, stash pockets, and molle attachments, which makes the Backpack look stylish, fashionable, and easy to carry.
What stuff you can fit inside the Backpack: –
● This Backpack has versatile storage; the main compartment keeps your clothes and essentials.
● The front zipper compartment with the organizer helps to keep the stuff properly.
● Two zippered side accessory pockets and one compressible stash pocket for comfort.
- Lots of molle loops
- Multiple pockets
- Plastic D rings
- Not Waterproof
Tactical Backpack: –The Backpack has 3 rows of molle velcro areas on the front. All the front, back, shoulder and straps are with connection straps.
Multifunctional Backpack: –The shoulder straps of the Backpack have two D-rings for hanging things, an adjustable shoulder and waist belt to secure your Backpack, and the bottom of the Backpack can be used for placement tents, sleeping mats, or outdoor equipment.
Durable quality backpack: –The military tactical molle backpack is made from high-density double-stitched 900D oxford and nylon fabric, which is durable and water-resistant.
Multiple uses: –This Backpack can be used for multiple purposes, like a small 3-day assault pack, emergency backpack, bug out Backpack, range bag, survival backpack, army backpack, hunting backpack, campaign backpack, trekking backpack, travel backpack, or as daily use backpack.
What stuff can fit inside the Backpack?
● The tactical Backpack has multiple compartments and double zippered closure. The two large rooms can provide all your equipment, clothes and more of such stuff.
● The two small front boxes can fit all the essentials and quickly get things.
● Inside the one back compartment, you can keep your essential things like passport and Id proofs.
- Good storage capacity
- Sturdy backpack
- Durable in nature
- Cannot be used for boy scouts
Q1) Can you gun hunt out of a saddle?
Answer: –It is possible to gun/rifle hunt out a saddle; it can safely be held by a single gear hook while not in use. The same theme can tree saddle hunts and support an accurate shot. With that, you can cover a 360 degree while shooting.
Q2) Is saddle hunting safe?
Answer: –Saddle hunting is one of the safest types of hunting and provides the safest means of hunting from an elevated position.
These were some of the best saddle hunting backpacks that comfort and ease people’s space for your needs.
If you would want me to choose the best three backpacks, I will go with:
1) AUMTISC Hunting Backpack
2) SPIKA Camo Internal Frame Backpack
3) REEBOW Gear Military Tactical Backpack
And from these, AUMTISC Hunting Backpack is my favorite.
All the best for choosing the right Backpack for your hunting and choosing wisely and accordingly to your needs.